Sunday, December 27, 2009

What are the steps that I need to take, and what things do I need to consider, to open my own salon?

I would like to start with opening a small nail salon that is elegantly decorated with original artwork, sculpture, paintings and drawings that are for sale. Eventually, I would like to expand by adding full salon and or spa services which would include but not be limited to tanning beds, massage, laser hair removal etc.What are the steps that I need to take, and what things do I need to consider, to open my own salon?
I recommend checking out the SBA, Entrepreneur, %26amp; Nolo. All 3 are great resources for the new/small business owner. I posted links for you in the sources box.





Associations may be a good avenue to explore as well -- see posted links.





Try reading up on the subject. I put relevant links in the sources box.





Hope that helps! I wish you much success %26amp; happiness in all your ventures!What are the steps that I need to take, and what things do I need to consider, to open my own salon?
You're so welcome! Best of luck to you! Report Abuse

What is your current credit score?
Check out this site:-


http://www.business-4-you.com/businesspr鈥?/a>
Answer one is right on it.


Another way is to find someone that is selling out and buy the place already set up. It can save you some money.


Where are you looking at? City?
Find a place...to rent or buy...decide if you need to remodel the space (you probably will) and how much it will cost. Price and buy the fixtures (nail desks, lights, drying bench, pedicure chairs, etc. Have everything installed. You will probably need plumbing for the pedicures. I'm assuming you have a manicurist license and will work alone at first so no worries about hiring and payroll. But you will have to keep good records for your own taxes. Make sure the zoning is ok. My manicurist bought a building and then the zoning was wrong and he had to work for year with city council etc to get the zoning changed. Paint, design the interior and start advertising your services. Many first time business owners forget about taxes. Make sure you have enough to pay taxes. If you don't pay taxes then you can't take all the business deductions etc.
laser hair removal?, i thought only doctors could do that.
what thay said

No comments:

Post a Comment