Monday, December 21, 2009

Has anyone here had their hair chemically straightened at the hair salon?

i am thinking about having it done, and was wondering if it does loads of damage to your hair.


i straighten my hair everyday, so would the damage be about the same?


Also, hoe long does it last...will i have to have it redone very often?Has anyone here had their hair chemically straightened at the hair salon?
bout 6 months yea lots of damage





could fall outHas anyone here had their hair chemically straightened at the hair salon?
I'd had it done with ordinary straighteners for years, and then tried the Japanese straightening method. It got my hair STICK straight - it wouldn't even hold a curl with a curling iron! The problem was, that it dried it out horribly, and all the ends were broken. Everyone used to compliment me on my hair, and it took 2 years for that straightening to grow out - before I got any more compliments! I'd rather have curly hair, in good condition, than straight straw........
I had a technique called ';Uko';. It took 2 attempts, the 1st I washed it after 4 days and it went all kinky. The 2nd it isn't as bad, but is still a little kinky.


Although I will say something positive for it though. Before I had it done my hair was very dry, fine and frizzy. Now it looks great! Soft, manageable and no frizz. It is straighter than normal, and they do state at the salon that it wont be dead straight. I think it is alot of money for what the end result is. But if you have unruly hair, then I would recommend it. Also, take a book! It takes 4 hours!
i have afro hair and i had mine done and love it.


you hve to go about every 3-4 months to get the roots done.


After washing my hair i blow dry it and put the straightners through my fringe.


you do have to make sure you contition your hair well tho because otherwise it can det dry and end up with split ends.
mine was great lasted 4 months

No comments:

Post a Comment