Friday, January 8, 2010

Do I have to be a licensed cosmetologist just to work in a salon in Michigan?

I'm just curious about that because I am 17 and i can't get into cosmetology school right now because I dont live near the school and I cant find a job anywhere else around here. So i was just wondering if its possible to get a job in a salon with out being licensed..Do I have to be a licensed cosmetologist just to work in a salon in Michigan?
yes you sure can.. you need the licence if you want to start a parlour but when you want to work somewerhe you dont need to carry one unless the owner of the parlour asks for one and they usually dont...


gud luck :)Do I have to be a licensed cosmetologist just to work in a salon in Michigan?
yes. it cost 100.00 for the last part of the test. I live in Michigan also. have a good day
You can get a job as the receptionist without a license. Most states allow you to be an assistant as well, but I don't know specifically about Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment